Well, I had an interesting Saturday...It started off great. Josh and I went to Kneaders with some friends. Great french toast! I don't really remember what we did after that, but it was good because I was with my best friend. Then he had to leave to go to work early. This meant I had a lot of hours all by myself to fill up with something. I borrowed a book from Josh so I decided to read it by the pool. It got way hot so I moved inside. I have two swimsuits, one I like a lot, but it is discolored from the chlorine pools, and the other is nice, but I don't love it.
So, I decided I had a couple of hours to go shop for a swimsuit--hopefully finding one on sale. I headed to the mall and found a great swimsuit, real cute, and a cute coverup to go over it. I was happy. I hadn't spent that much money, so I was proud of myself. I don't like shopping all that much sometimes because finding clothes is hard, but I was happy with success. It was now like 5:40 and I needed to be at my aunt's house in Orem by 6. I rushed home to get my book so I could read when my cousin was sleeping.
Well, this is when they day went wrong... my engagement ring broke.. is this common? One of the prongs broke. I was driving when I noticed it, I don't remember doing anything or catching it on anything... I was sad, and mad. I have only had the ring for a little under a month and a half. White gold isn't supposed to break like that! It was too late to go to the store to talk to the people there, so I jsut put it in the ring box and ran to my aunt's house. Well, now that I was upset about ring, as I got into my car I noticed that someone had side swiped my car. There were huge white streaks all along the driver's side of my car. What the heck!! How wrong could this past 10 minutes have gone! I was upset even more, so I called my dad. He assured me I wasn't the only one having a bad day... he was all alone this weekend while my family was camping, and he moved 2 queen sized water beds and a king bed around our house and switched rooms. As I was talking to him I missed the turn to my aunt's house and ending up driving about 20 extra blocks.
Watching my cousin was fun. He was calm and real easy to watch and we had fun. So I came home and my roommates and I decided to go out for ice cream at the Malt Shoppe.... They gave me the wrong shake.... a perfect ending to a weird day.
I wouldn't say my day was terrible, but it was weird and not so good. It had it's okay moments, but overall it was just a day of weird emotions....
2 comments:
Just to assure you it's not that uncommon when your ring is new or old. One of my friends kept losing side stones so at least you noticed it! I'm glad you found a cute suit cause that's so hard! I hope things are better today! You're the best!!
Lana, I didn't know you had a blog! Awesome!! You can get to the rest of the family's blogs from my page...oh, but it's invite only. Hmm, I'll figure that out.
What a wonderfully strange day. See if your ring is under warranty. They just need to inspect mine in July and January to keep the warranty valid. If the stones are lost, they can replace them free. Mine also resizes and cleans as often as I want. Oh and white gold can wear down, you'll need it re-plated every year or so to look new. (Again, that's under my warranty). Check with Josh and see what deal he got on your ring, and if it has a warranty. If it does, they should fix it at their cost.
Post a Comment