Sunday, January 4, 2009

We did not have a white Christmas and I was happy

We had a great break! Definitely not ready to go back to school tomorrow, but I guess we have to. We were able to have a good time in California with my family. We went to Disneyland, the Getty Museum, LA Temple on Christmas Eve and shopping. It was nice to be in warm weather and be with the family. We are so grateful that my parents let us come and stay and eat all their food. Although we got sick we had a good time relaxing.
"O" for Olson
The Statue at the Getty that reminded me of MckayThe girls at the Getty
Proof that I am strong

Not only did we go to California, but we also got to go to Arizona and stay with Chris and Lolly and I got to meet Grandma and Grandpa Olson. We had fun playing with Sadie and again relaxing the warm weather. The Arizona weather almost made me want to move there, but then again I don't know how I would handle to summer.

Not everything is necessarily good news. As we were driving home to Provo my mom called and told me that my great-grandpa passed away this morning. He was 95 years old and lived a great life. He was funny and always put a smile on everyone's face. Although it is sad to know that he left us here on earth, I am happy that he is again reunited with his wife after many many years. He can once again be funny. I love you very much and I will miss you calling me George.

No comments: