Thursday, January 22, 2009

Projects

So I have decided to try and do something productive with my time, so I decided to complete one project a month. I started in December and so far it has been good. A whole two projects and I am feeling good about myself. So far they have both consisted of me sitting at a sewing machine, but I think for February I am going to read my whole NASM certification text book so that I can pass my certification exam and be hired as a real personal trainer. Anyways... here are some picture of my last two projects, not the best, but I am proud of what I have done.

December: I made a quilt. January: a fun bag. My mom received one like this that my aunt and cousins had made for her and she liked it so much (and all the ladies she works with) that she decided to make one (with my help) for one of the teachers she works with. So I figured out how to put it together and then made this one. I must give credit though to my mom who sewed the outside. She said it was easier to sew caprisuns then fabric. And also a thanks to the family at Christmas who help drink caprisuns and then didn't throw them away so they could be sown.

4 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

Too cute! What a great goal! My sister had a bag like that in high school and it was close to indestructible! That quilt is so adorable!

kels said...

Lani! Those are amazing! I loathe sewing (probably cuz I have um, no skills at all ;) and so I am super impressed! The quilt is gorgeous, and the bag is adorable!

Unknown said...

Your quilt is amazing! How can you say that isn't the best work? You are nuts...I would say it is fantastic. Did Grandma help you? I made a quilt for KC for christmas and for his college graduation. They are so fun, but a ton of work. So good job! Keep posting your other project...or if you pass your test...

Rachel said...

cute!!!