Monday, November 30, 2009

A Very Utah Thanksgiving

We returned yesterday from our trip to Utah.  We went not because we could afford it, but rather because it my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and the whole Gillette family was getting together.  With 75 people in attendance we held Thanksgiving dinner in a cultural hall.  We had fun playing games each night and playing ultimate frisbee.  You can't have a Gillette get-together and not have an ultimate game, it really is not possible. My favorite game was around-the-world ping pong.  I felt like I did better at this game than at just standing and playing regular ping pong.  I'll included a few videos, one where a good rally got going, and the other shows how fast we had to run to get to the other side, unfortunately for Josh he didn't get good placement.


When we first arrived in Utah we met my family at the Salt Lake temple.  We walked around the visitors center and then watched the Joseph Smith movie.  I love that movie, it touches me each time I watch it.


On Wednesday night my family went to a David Archuleta concert!!! 32 family members in attendance and it was fun.  It was a Christmas concert, but he did start off by singing some of his own songs, so I had to dance with my tween cousins to zero gravity.

Thurday was spent doing Thanksgiving and games, and then Friday we went up to Ogden to celebrate Josh's dad's birthday.  We had an amazing meal full of seafood, so good.  I ate way too much that night.

When we decided to go to Utah we told my brother to see if he could find us some tickets to the BYU v. Utah football game.  Since I ahdn't heard much I thought he didn't get them, but he was amazing and got us two tickets!  The game was great, it was so fun to be back in the stadium.  I loved that the team wore their throwback jerseys, the royal blue looked awesome! It was cold, so I was pretty sad when they took it into overtime, but it was nice and quick and BYU WON! We decided not to rush the field with everyone but we still had fun.



It was a great trip.  I am grateful we were able to go and enjoy the time we had together.  Josh is now studying for finals and I don't think I'll see much of him until December 11, the date of his last final.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Sounds like an awesome trip...but you know you're getting old when you don't even rush the field. Kim and I were down there, I even touched Harvey Unga!

Unknown said...

Tell Josh good luck on his finals. I know the first year of KC's law finals he was so stressed. I didn't see him at all, it was so sad. I swear he didn't even sleep. But when that last final finishes you are both going to be able to really enjoy the holidays. And I am sure he will be great. Just make sure to keep encouraging him, they need our support, right?