I love living in Colorado! People are so nice. I'm not really used to it yet, but I love it! Everyone in our ward is so kind and we have been invited to so many homes to play games or do other fun stuff. It is nice having friends so quickly.
So WICKED is here in Denver for a couple of weeks. So we took the light rail to downtown (very interesting ride on the train, funny people..) and attempted to do the wicked lottery on Friday night and even though we were the first in line, which should mean we get tickets, our names weren't drawn. We had fun anyways though, as we were waiting for them to draw the names we went down the street to get some hot chocolate. We were told it was going to take a little bit because he had to make more chocolate mix so we waited, we were fine, we got to sit inside where it was warm! We ended up getting our hot chocolate for free because we had to wait! It was worth it! Josh also treated me to a nice dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory where we got free sample of the pumpkin cheesecake! SO GOOD! I got a HUGE salad, not realizing how big it was, and the waiter made a weird face at me when he asked me if I wanted to take some of it home, um I guess he didn't realize he was talking to me because I eat all my food and half a piece of cheesecake. Yes, I felt very fat that day, but it was worth it.
So, more about food. Since I work mostly at nights, after Josh gets home, I am trying to make more stuff in my crockpot so food can be warm when he gets home, and then still when I get home. I have gotten many recipe books from the library that have helped, but do you know of any good easy crockpot recipes that you'd be willing to share? Thanks!
Oh, this is a picture I got of Josh while we waited for our hot chocolate. I was trying to document our journey, but he insists on not smiling and not helping me in my documentation... He better change soon because I just became the ward historian... in other words, I am the picture taker at ward activities. perfect job.

5 comments:
I am glad your ward has been so great to you guys! That always makes things better :)
We use our crock pot all the time too - it's great to come home from work and school and have it all done! I use this sit (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html) for recipes all the time.
Josh, you'd better shape up before our family picture!! Practice those smiles.
Lani - perfect calling for you. Have fun taking pictures. Be bold - people love to see themselves later.
Yay for freebies! I love free food. ;)
Sorry you didn't get wicked tickets. I have always wanted to see that. For crockpot recipes, I have a cafe rio recipe and soup recipes that I do in the crockpot. I don't know if that interests you. Let me know and I will send you what I can find.
Post a Comment