Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Day

Growing up in California, I was always jealous of the kids that got snow days.  The thought of having school cancelled sounded great to me.  I always loved visiting my grandparents in the winter when they had snow, we had fun skiing, making snowmen, and just playing outside.  I wanted snow.

I have seen the light.

I experienced my first snow day, and although I loved being able to stay home from work and Josh got to stay home from school, it wasn't all I expected.  We started by going to the clubhouse and playing racquetball.  It was great to get out considering that didn't happen yesterday. We then decided to take an adventure and get some shelves for our living room.  Probably not a good decision, but I needed to get out. We went to a couple of stores and ended up with everything else we needed, but no shelves.  Best find of the day: waffle cone maker.  Unfortunately I am no good at making waffle cones.  They all fell apart or burned.  But some of the pieces tasted good, so I am still happy with the purchase (after all it was only $4).

I think the foot and a half of snow will start melting tomorrow, or at least I hope it does since everyone has told me how mild Colorado winters are.

I guess I should be grateful though for the snow because it means I get a whole week off of work, which is crazy and Josh gets a 4 day weekend.

I'm sorry to all those that read this blog, we really don't do anything great so we never have anything good to say, but we are enjoying our time in Denver.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

haha, whatever, you guys do lots of cool awesome things. I'm glad that you write your blog because then I still feel like you guys are in Utah (a little bit). We miss you guys!