Thursday, March 26, 2009

2 is always better than 1


2 finger pricks
2 times asking if I wanted to quit
2 chairs
2 times being poked in the arm
2 stickers
2 times the treats

Josh and I donated blood yesterday... The last three times I have gone I have been turned away, but Josh signed up so  I decided to try again.  I kinda figured I would be turned down again, so I wasn't surprised when I was at first, but then I was told I could retest with my other hand and see if the score was higher, lucky me it was high enough!  Then I went out in the big chairs to get my blood taken.  The first lady couldn't find my veins, so she got another lady to try, and after fishing around in my arm for awhile she decided it would probably be best to use the other arm.  So I got to then have them poke the other arm and after awhile it was finally working.  It went slowly, but I did it.  I was the last one there and  They had pretty much everything taken down and put away by the time I got out of the chair and to the treats table, but I still got my juice and cookies.  It wasn't all the great, but it wasn't al that bad either.  I am glad I was able to donate blood and hopefully I'll be able to do it again.  I'll just have to remember to not do it the night before my aerobics class again... 

Not much else is happening here... it snowed today and it made me sad.  I was filling the car with gas and the wind was crazy!  I couldn't see anything because it was blowing my hair like mad!  Oh, also, I jsut watched NCIS on CBS because my frined Mia was in it... She was the daughter... 

Sorry,  I had originally posted this with a picture, but it was such a bad picture I decided to take it off... sorry!

3 comments:

The Katoa Family said...

I have the same problem with them not finding veins??? what does that mean. I hate getting blood drawn because it is ALWAYS a problem. At least yours was for a good cause. Have a great week :)

Dalene said...

Giving blood is one of my least favorite things to do. Just reading your post made me a bit queasy. You're a better person than I am!

Unknown said...

I have gone to various places to give blood, but everytime I end up getting scared and leaving. So at least you aren't a woosey like me. I think donating blood is a great thing. I need to just get over my fear of needles. So way to go!

PS - your black and white blog theme you've got going is way cute!