Tuesday, October 14, 2008

fun visits

Right now I am sitting on my couch/ futon eating a bowl of stir-fry vegetables. Lately, everyone of my classes has made me want to run home and eat vegetables. weird i know, but so good. I try and eat them each day now, but it is hard when my husband does not like them at all.... so, I will be provided with the protective powers of vegetables and josh will not. too bad. I guess this is what happens when I take 2 nutrition classes, a chronic disease prevention class, an aerobics class, and am an intern at a place where I am required to look like a personal trainer.

Anyways, This weekend was a lot of fun. My old roommate Shelene came up to visit. We went to the football game and had good green chili made by my other former roommate and her aunt, Alyssa. Not only did Shelene visit, but so did my first roommate Brooke and her husband Kevan. We went out to dinner with them and another of my roommates and her fiance. It was a lot of fun, and I was a little embarrassed because I feel like I ate the most, but then again it was a salad. (I had to get something without red meat because I am on a plant based diet for a month for my chronic disease prevention class. So if you know any great recipes for stuff like chicken, fish, or fruits and vegetables, let me know!!)

p.s. I'll post pictures when I remember how to put them on the computer.... I need to find hte connecting cord thing...

No comments: