Yesterday was emotional... but not in a bad way at all.
First, I found out I got the internship I was trying to get. So now I will be waking up early every monday, wednesday, and friday and driving up to Alpine to intern at Alpine Fitness. It seems like a pretty fun little gym/ fitness center and I am hoping to learn a lot while there. It will give me the experience I need to go on and hopefully get a good job teaching others about how to be more fit and how important it is to exercise and stay healthy. I know this is going to make me sound weird, but I think being healthy is really fun... in one of my classes we went to mypyramid.gov and learned how to use the site. It really has great tools to help keep track of all the food you take in, granted you have to record it, but it helps because it lays it all down for you.
Anyways, the other thing that made me think was a movie Josh and I watched. It is called Hearts in Atlantis. It made us want to be kids and not go through the motions of life without feeling, but rather do what we love which is spend time with eachother and the ones we love the most. So, afterwards, we decided to do something fun. We invited some friends to go have a bonfire with us up in Provo canyon. It was great, and the sprinklers did not turn on. We had fun talking and laughing, and I think we all got the most laughs when josh was kicking a log into the stream and his shoe came off and floated down the stream and down a small waterfall...
I hope everyone can take in the moments with friends and family and remember the good times. Make your life memorable and add meaning to it.
2 comments:
Lani,
Congratulations on the internship -that is awesome! I hope it turns out to be perfect for you. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy the small things. Does Josh need a new pair of shoes now? Just kidding. We can't wait to see you two in a few days!
You're too cute! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new life!
Post a Comment