I think this video is amazing!! I am in the middle of a project for my Biomechanics class and we have to analyze a video. I chose this one because I love pole vault, and this is an incredible jump. I believe this was a world record jump, but I am sad to say I don't know what the height of it was. Just watching it makes me want to run to the nearest track and jump on the pole vault pit. Kind of weird, but oh well. Due to awkward circumstances I didn't pole vaulting until I was a junior in high school. I wanted to start as a freshman, but ended up on the hurdle squad instead. I finally decided to start vaulting though as a junior and I couldn't get enough of it. My younger brother often was upset at me because he hated waiting for me to finish practicing. As a senior I broke my arm. It was devastating to get a cast because I was sure it would mean no track season. Before I knew it was broken and got the cast I vaulted normally and just used a lot of tape. It was fine, but when I got a cast that messed things up. My coach forbade me from competing and practicing, but he couldn't stop me, and I think he knew that. I practiced everyday and learned how to vault even with the limitations. At the beginning of each meet I asked the officials if it was okay with them if I vaulted, and even though they thought I was crazy they all said yes. So, there I was with my bright pink cast and pole vault in my hand. I ended up breaking part of the cast and having to get a new one, but it didn't still stop me. I know my mom worried about me, but I had to do what I loved. I only wish I could still pole vault everyday and enjoy the feeling of flying through the air. I guess for now I just get to enjoy it by watching others vault.
1 comment:
You're so cute! Okay so a couple days ago I totally had a craving for your no-bake cookies and scoured my cook books to find a recipe. I made um tonight for desseret. You're the best! I miss you!
Post a Comment