Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm Engaged!!!

I am so excited! I got engaged last night, May 16th, to Josh! He is wonderful! Also, the proposal was spectacular! here it goes... (it's rather long...)

So first off, I picked out the ring and when we decided to order it Josh did all the stuff then as we were about to leave the sales guy was like "OK, see you on Friday when you come to pick it up" Well that surprised me because I didn't think I would know when the ring would be ready and I was hoping to be surprised, but I was OK. So then a couple of days later Josh started saying how it would take two weeks to get the ring and I was confused, but I decided to not question it and just deal with waiting another week. Usually Josh has Thursday's off of work, but this week he Friday off instead, so after I took my History test he came over and we had just a plain normal/ boring day. Josh said we should go see 10,000 BC because it was in the dollar theatre so he told me it started at 8. Then at around 7 he said he needed to go to his old apartment down the hall and get some mail. As I am sitting in the living room with my roommate and her boyfriend there is a knock on the door and Russ answered it. Funny, because he knew it was for me... but I guess he didn't remember... anyways, I went and Josh was standing outside and had a rose for me. He also had a rose as a boutonniere and then he tried to pin mine on as a boutonniere, but it didn't work... it was cute. Anyways he told me he was going to take me on a journey, and he told me to go to my car and there would be a note telling me where to go. I went to my car and there was another flower and a note instructing me to go the building on campus we have church and there he gave me a dozen roses, a kiss symbolizing something special, and then a note about our first month together and then sent me to somewhere else. Anyways... I end up going to 8 different places (we have been dating for 8 months) and then finally, the 8th spot was the Provo temple. After walking around for a long time I finally got help to find him, and then he pretended like he was going to propose, but just gave me another note and said to sit on the hill and think for about 10 minutes because he needed time. So then when I finally left I was sent to the trail that we often take walks and talk, and he had chalk markings letting me know where to go. A little ways down there is a gazebo just off the trail. He had white rose petals leading to the stairs then yellow rose petals on the step, and candles lit all around the gazebo and on the table. He told me again how much he loved me and gave me some fake daffodils (my favorite flowers) with a rose inside saying that it represented our time, the rose was here on earth and even though that will be gone at some point, just like the daffodils our love won't die and we'd always be together. Then he gave me the rose he was wearing and said it was 100 roses. This represented how much he loved me over 100X. Then he had me sit down and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! I said YES!

So anyways, that was a really long story, but it was amazing and now I have lots of roses and a beautiful ring, and a really handsome fiance!!

We are getting married in the Los Angeles Temple on August 16, 2008. We are so excited!

2 comments:

Brave Brooke said...

I'm so excited for you and I don't feel so bad that my engagement story was so long. The blessings from being married (especially in the temple) are just innumerable. I seriously don't know how I lived without Kevan. I'm so excited you decided to get married in the House of the Lord; although I never doubted for a second that you would. The other day in FIGs (my wonderful calling: 7 8-11 year old girls are what I now specialize in) we were talking about the temple at our "T" party. We were talking about how it was so hard to explain to people why a recommend is needed to enter the temple. I told them that it's really hard to explain because of the sacredness but once you go you'll know why. The temple is an amazing place that will bless your life and strengthen you. Make a goal to go to the temple often (well at least continue the one we started together). The times in the temple with your spouse are breath taking; especially the first time through. Bring tissues. A little advice from someone who is a few months ahead of you: know it's going to be hard but it's completely worth it. Strive everyday to serve Josh at least an ounce more and your love for him will grow 10 fold. I can't express to you how happy I am that you're making these decisions. I want you to know I love you and that I can't wait to see you again!! I'm so glad you're happy!

Greedy Kristian said...

What a great proposal. So awesome. Congratulations. From the 5 minutes I got to visit with you guys at Hilary's wedding I figured out (1) that he is a great guy and (2) that you guys are in love. 2 very important things in a marriage.