Tuesday, February 9, 2010

adventure in LA


This past weekend my parents flew me down to LA to go shopping! I needed to get fit for a dress for the wedding, so I came down and we went to Los Angeles. I lived in the area my whole life and it was my first time going downtown to the fashion district. It was bit raining and cold, but it was so much fun. I got some great fabric for some skirts and it makes me so happy!! I also love to barter- I enjoy seeing how much people will drop the price of a product, like going from $425 to $99, amazing.

One thing I have missed about being in Redondo Beach is being able to run on the strand. Thursday morning I woke up my brother and we went running pier to pier. It was so nice to run outside in the sun along the beach. Perfect. I only wish it didn't rain the other days so I could have done that each morning.

I wasn't able to go with Josh since he had class, so I missed him a lot, but let me tell you how amazing he is. I have been wanting a bench for next to the door to put shoes under and have another place to sit and such, so we talked a couple weeks about buying wood to make one, but when I got home it was made!! He made me a bench and it is perfect, just like I saw it in my head! I was so surprised. It was great. Thanks Josh!

6 comments:

jksfam said...

No picture of the bench? Cute picture of you and your sisters!

Jill said...

Cute picture of you girls! I'd like to see a picture of the bench too!

Jill said...

Way to go Josh!

Brian Olson said...

I'm a little shocked my little brother could build a bench. Who knew?!? I'd love to see his handy work...

Dalene said...

I am NOT shocked at all that Josh one, could make a bench and, two, chose to make one for you as a surprise. The Olson boys are very handy AND thoughtful.

Lindsay said...

Ditto on the picture of the bench?? :) I'd like to see it as well. We have a serious shoe problem...