Monday, January 11, 2010

2009- 2010

DECEMBER:
A couple days after Josh finished finals we headed over to Utah to spend time in Ogden with his family. We had fun playing games, playing with the nieces and nephew, cooking, eating fruit by the foots, seeing the little village in Ogden even though it was freezing outside, watching movies, going to see Princess and the Frog/ Sherlock Holmes, walking around the Salt Lake Temple and more. Here are picture of the little ones. I miss them all.




Also in December my brother proposed to his girlfriend Dana and she said yes! We are really excited for them to get married and it is a blessing to see how happy they are together. Dana, sorry we couldn't be there for the break to get to know you better, but we look forward to getting to know you well soon. You two are great together.


JANUARY:
So far we have just been having fun hanging out with each other this year. Josh goes back to school on Wednesday so we have been enjoying the time off. I am actively looking for a new job, preferably one that pays me to work, so that has taken me lots of time. Josh gave a talk on Sunday about goals, so I'll tell you some we've set, or rather one that I've set, because I feel a greater need to tell others so that it pushes me to actually accomplish it. My goal is to run a marathon in June. I am not doing so hot right now, but I really want to do this, so I will, even if it is hard. My mom did a marathon 10 years ago and that's when I decided to one. She also just finished a half marathon and I can't believe how strong she is, she is amazing!

I just joined goodreads.com and so far I love it. It is nice to see what my friends have said about books so I know better what's good to read. I only have one friends so far, so if anyone else is on come be my friend. I have challenged myself to read 50 books this year, that is a lot, and I may not get even close, but I like reading so even if I only get 10 I'll be okay with that.

I know this is long, but I just wanted to post one more thing. My new favorite treat. I know it is winter and there is still some snow outside, but I like ice and cold treats such as ice cream, so Josh and I found this recipe for water ice. It may not be Rita's, but I think it is good, I may just not be as familiar with good water ice as I should be, considering I've only had it once, but I enjoy it, so I'm posting the recipe. It is really easy and it comes out really creamy.

Lemon Water Ice

1 qt water
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
Grated rind of 1 lemon (no white part)

Boil water and sugar together for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in juice and peel. Pour into shallow bowl and put in freezer. As it starts to freeze, keep stirring the outside crystals into the center and mix in peel. Do about every half hour. When real slushy, stop and freeze overnight. To serve, you must scrape very thin layers of the slush off the top.

It took about an hour to start freezing and get slushy, but once it started then it only too like 2 hours to get to where I stopped stirring it and let it freeze overnight. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love it...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I didn't know Andy was engaged. They look really cute together. That is pretty cool.

Also, I am on goodreads. I will look for you. I read alot. Not sure if we like the same books, but it's fun to share.

And you should do the marathon! You totally can. I did a half last year and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. My mom and Krick are doing a half this year and then the following year we are going to do one all three of us together. So you'll have to tell me what you think! And post pics when you do it!

Unknown said...

K, I couldn't find you. I don't know your last name. So see if you can find me. Genevieve Garner in MA.

Lindsay said...

I'm on goodreads. I'll look for you! :)

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed when I read about your new favorite treat because it is SO you. Ice? Too funny. :)

Debbie said...

wow a marathon?! I am hoping to do a 10k! Good luck training! You can do it!