Friday, August 10, 2012

5 months

I can't believe another month has already flown by.  Graham is so fun.  He loves to smile, stare, talk, suck on his thumb, be outside, rollover, and laugh.  Unfortunately he no longer likes to sleep during the night.  When we went on vacation this past month I realized that most people give me the same 3 comments about Graham.  Here they are:

1. He has such big eyes.
The guy behind us on the Disneyland tram continued to say over and over again, "Whoa, look at his eyes.  He is just staring me.  He's just staring.  He's just staring at me."  Seriously, he said it the entire ride... Yes, Graham was staring at him the entire ride, but still.



2. He is sucking on his thumb.
I think I usually respond with, yes.  He loves his thumb. His left thumb to be exact. For a couple of days he tried to eat and suck on his thumb at the same time.  It took him 23 failed attempts in one feeding to figure out he can't do both at once.  Instead of crying when he is scared or a little nervous, like when we are in the pool or somewhere unfamiliar, he will suck his thumb like it is the only thing there is. He wraps his index finger around his nose to keep his thumb in place.  Josh thinks it is funny when he also sticks out his pinky, sometimes Graham just likes to be a little fancy.


3.  He is so cute.
Um, yeah, we think so too.


4 comments:

Carly said...

Yes, he IS so cute! Love the way he sucks his thumb. :-)

Laurel said...

Love the thumb! So cute.

Amy said...

Austin stopped sleeping through the night at about the same age. I don't know why it happens but I've heard of several babies 're-lapsing' with their sleep habits between 4-5 months. Weird... and frustrating! ;) Hopefully it's just a phase!

Jill said...

Cute post......have to agree that he's pretty darn cute when he sucks that thumb!