Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

My whole life I have wanted to be a mom.  I never dreamed of doing anything different.  I thought I knew exactly what it would be like, but what I didn't understand was the unconditional love I would have for my son. I had heard about it and thought I got it, but not until I held my baby in my arms and have watched and cared for him each and everyday have I begun to understand that incredible love.  The love that a parent feels for their children.


I am grateful that being a mom has made me better understand and appreciate my mom.  I am so grateful for all that she has done for me, I am grateful that she is always there for me.  I am grateful that I feel comfortable talking to her and that I consider her one of my best friends.  I am grateful that she taught me to love, to serve, to attend the temple regularly, and to always be my best.  I couldn't have asked for a better mom.


I am also very grateful for my mother-in-law.  I am grateful for the way she raised Josh and taught him the same things my mother taught me.  I am grateful that she has lovingly accepted me into her family and has made me feel loved. She is constantly serving her family, even when he is simultaneously caring for 200 missionaries.  She is an amazing woman.


I am so glad that both my mom and Josh's mom are going to be here this week.  I am glad that both of them answer their phones (or calls us back when we leave a message because they really don't answer the phone) and answer our questions, no matter how trivial, about how to raise our son.  I am grateful for the support and love they have given us as we have become parents.  These two women really are incredible. We love you.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you for those nice words!!! I love you. I'm so happy that you are a mom and get to experience the joy that children bring into a family. Little Graham is lucky to have you for his Mom and Josh as his Dad. I can't wait to see you in 2 days!!!