Wednesday, February 1, 2012

38 more days

I can't believe it is already February!  That seems crazy to me! It is also crazy that I am due in 38 days.  That seems like not very many days to get everything ready.  Of course thinking about the 20 days I still have at work seems like a long time...  I've also been told I needed to update with pictures of me so here it is...

This picture was taken when I was 32 weeks.  I went to school feeling great about how I looked and felt.  Apparently though not everyone there thought I looked as good as I did.  One of the aides that works next door to mine tried to convince me I was having twins. this was our conversation...
Her: Wow, I'm pretty sure you're having twins.
Me: (stunned expression) um. nope, just one
Her: No, I'm certain of it, they like to hide you know.
Me: well, thanks, we've seen him 3 times already and there is always just one.
Her: Well, I'm pretty sure you're having twins.  He's really going to be huge.
Me: Ok

 These 2 are me at 34 weeks.  I also felt good about myself this day, maybe because I know at church no one will tell me I'm huge because they are too nice... although I do love the comments in primary like "What is that under your dress?"  That would be my belly thank you...

5 comments:

Dalene said...

That's kind of a really awkward conversation... I am so sorry. Please tell that aide that your sister-in-law had a baby nearly a year ago and looks more pregnant than you do. Seriously! You are BEAUTIFUL and oh-so-cute pregnant and I can't believe it is next month!!!

Brave Brooke said...

I'm so excited for you! She must have forgotten her filter and her glasses at home ;) You look great!

Jill said...

You look amazing! I love you and can't wait to see you!!!!

Carly said...

Haha, people are ridiculous. I was actually thinking about how jealous I am of how tiny you are!! So excited for you! Good luck with the last few weeks of pregnancy!

Debbie said...

Alana, you look beautiful! It is so funny what people say when you are pregnant! But, it is fun to record these silly people's comments to laugh about later. :) I am so happy for you and cannot wait for the little guy to arrive!