Thursday, June 17, 2010

all because of my mom

ten years ago I decided to run a marathon. My mom had just finished her marathon in St George and I thought it would be fun to say I did the same, so I decided then to run a marathon in 2010. What I didn't know then was how stupid of an idea it is to run a marathon. They are long, painful, boring if you are by yourself, and extremely cold if it decides to pour on you for a good 7-8 miles. But it feels good to say I accomplished something hard, even if it took me way too long. I did it. It is done, and crossed off the list. I no longer have to go out on long runs on Saturday and hope I make it home.

this is when I still felt okay... before the rain/mud/freezing cold, here is was only cold...

before I got on the bus

7 comments:

alexandria said...

YAY marathon!! You look great doing it!! Miss you tons-

The Katoa Family said...

That is AMAZING! Seriously, that is awesome that you set the goal and accomplished it!!! Good job Alana :)

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I hope to do one sometime...what an amazing accomplishment. Good job!

Lindsay said...

Wow-way to go!

Debbie said...

Congratulations!! That seriously is such a big accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Great Job Lani!! Andy said that you did awesome.

Shar said...

whoot whoot! Great work Alana. And you didn't even look tired the next day... that is impressive. I am inspired by your motivation. I hope to do something like that sometime. Congrats!