Friday, June 12, 2009

Diamond Camping

We went camping on Wednesday and it was a lot of fun. Since it was a weekday, and since it was raining, we had the campsite all to ourselves! Well, it was us and some very loud cows. We bought a tent and all the stuff a little while ago, but we hadn't been able to make it out yet due to school, work, visitors, and being sick, but we finally made it and it was worth it. I am really upset though because my camera died after two pictures, not what was supposed to happen... The campground was in the Uinta forest and it was beautiful and green! The picture I have doesn't do well at showing how beautiful it was, but I didn't get anymore. After we woke up and paked up, we headed out on hike to some hot springs. It was longer than I had expected, but it was great! When we finally got to the hotsprings there was a family there, and since they aren;t big, we decided to keep going farther, we saw a waterfal and wanted to get closer to it. Lucky near the waterfall were more hot springs, so we had them to ourselves. The water was VERY HOT! I could barely keep my feet it for a second, but it was nice. I really wish I had gotten a picture of the waterfall and springs, but maybe next time. Josh said next time we go we are brining a wet suit and helmet, so he can go under the waterfall into a little rock cave we found. It looked like fun, but dangerous and very cold, so I was glad he didn't attempt it.

Anyways, it was fun. Now I am sitting at home finishing an essay for my American Novel class. I thought I'd enjoy this class before I took it, but it really didn't end up that way. I enjoyed some of the books, but I really disliked going to class. It was two hours three days a week of listening to my teacher talk with a southern Utah accent and tell us the most random stories and not much from the novels we were reading. I am glad this class is over. Well, I have two more days of it, but I can do that. I can't believe I only have one more term of school. I graduate in August and I am so excited! My little brother comes up next week for summer term and I am so glad I get to be here with him for a little bit before we leave. It will be fun, I really love summer! I hope everyone has a great summer!

1 comment:

Dalene said...

Too fun! The pictures you did get turned out beautiful.