I've been pretty lame lately and haven't written anything, but I am here to tell about my past week... it was a good one.
So... my family came down on Friday and we got to hang out and shop a little. then we headed up to Alpine to hang out with more family while the kids went trick or treating. I was glad they shared their huge loads of candy with me. My favorite was when my 9 year old cousin came up to me with a pile of candy and gave it to me and said " these are the ones that I don't like" Also, I am glad that I am done with my diet change for my disease class, so now I can eat what I want again. I didn't mind not being able to eat red meat because we made lots of good food anyways, but now I can and not feel bad. Also, along with that I wanted to thank Josh for supporting me in the diet thing and for helping me. He was great and I really appreciated all the dinners he made.
On Saturday we had a huge 80th birthday party for my grandma. It was fun to be with everyone that came up. I love my family so much and I always enjoy the time I get to spend with them. After family pictures the boys and I went to a park and played kickball... I was not so good. We played college-age against high schoolers, and let me tell you, I think once you get to college you become slow and not so good at kickball. We had some minor injuries throughout the course of the game... but we played on... Overall, I was really glad that my family was able to come up, even if it was a really short trip. I love them very much!!
Now, for the not the best part of the week... well, I guess it was good and bad. And this all happened yesterday.... I woke up at 5 and got ready to go to my internship. I grabbed my athletic jacket (very thin turquoise jacket with no hood) and ran out the door. It was cold, but then again it 5:30 in the morning and no sun, so I was ok... As we were driving to Alpine, snow starts to fall, before we knew it we were stuck in a blizzard. We were running on time, but because we had to drive so slowly due to the snowy roads we were a little late. Each morning the interns have to "run flyers" this means going door to door and putting a flyer on their door... not the best part of the day, but it has been tolerable. Well, yesterday we had to do it with snow falling and in about 6-8 inches of snow. Note* running shoes don't make good snow shoes. I slipped running into a driveway just as the school bus was coming by to pick up kids... I wish that was the only time I slipped. Men were in their yards shoveling snow and looking at me like I was crazy, but after about an hour or less I was done with my 50 houses and was back in the gym. I had an evaluation since I have been there over 50 hours. It went well and they made me senior intern. there are only two, one for MWF (me) and one for TTHS. So I was feeling good about this. More responsibility, more work, and still no money... but hopefully a job someday in future.
Anyways, I fell like this was really long and perhaps boring, but hopefully next time I will have some pictures or something fun. I hope you all have a great day!
2 comments:
I didn't think it was long and boring. I love seeing into your lives! Congrats on your promotion!
Congratulations on the lead intern - you ROCK! I am not in love with the snow. Maybe it is a California-thing?
Post a Comment