Saturday, November 8, 2008
Pray for California
I am sad about what is happening right now in my home town and state. It is hard for me to put together what I feel like saying, but I don't want my family to feel persecuted anymore. This is what they woke up to on Thursday morning...
It's not right. We have a right to believe what we want. My family voted YES for prop 8. It wasn't an easy choice. We hurt family and friends because of this choice, but it is what we felt was right. We aren't taking away their rights, we love all people, no matter how they choose to live. Please, all I ask is that when you kneel down to pray tonight remember those in California and pray that they will be protected. That they will be able to go to the temple in peace and feel safe in their homes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry. My family has had a really hard time, too. This is not going to go away any time soon.
That's terrible. I'm so sorry! All of you will most definitely be in our prayers!
I am really sorry! It just make me feel sick. I am so gratful to your family and so many like them you are willing to stand and be counted... they are heroes! Thanks for your post!
(I am one of Dalene's sisters)
Ironic how the very people who claim to be open-minded stoop to this ugliness.
I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Post a Comment