Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brothers

Alana-age 2 Andy- age 4 1/2 (love the fanny pack and outfit!!!)

Alana- age 8 Conner- age 5

For the first 8 1/2 years of my life I only had brothers. They would pick on me, fight with me, and laugh at me when I got a round brush stuck in my hair. Being the only girl wasn't always fun. All I wanted was a sister. I guess I had to deal with brothers for a while first.
I got sick of getting all the teachers that loved Andy and people expecting me to be just as smart or good at sports as he was. Luckily I was smart, just not as good at baseball and such. Over the years we had our difficult times, but during high school he became my best friend. I remember sitting by the stairs in front of his door with my younger siblings and crying when he left for college. I came to rely on him being there for me that I wasn't sure what I would do. Somehow I made it through high school okay.
Conner on the other hand was the funny one, that brother that loved telling jokes and making everyone laugh. He still does. I must admit, being older I could get annoyed with him easily, I was never the best at being patient. We had fun though. We both enjoyed art (he's 1000x better than I am, honestly, he's amazing), we both did pole vault (not because we were especially good, but because we had heart), and I enjoy laughing at/with him at most anything he does.
This past week was hard for me. Josh didn't have school because it was his spring break, but I had no such luck. I was stuck inside my building working and getting frustrated with the whole operation I was dealing with. To add to the fun I got switched, not by my choice, from the perfect shift (8-4:30) to the not as good shift (noon-8:30, and Saturdays). I didn't get the time I wanted to hang out with Josh, but I did get to talk to both my brothers on the phone. It made me smile. I am excited for what they are doing now and I am so happy for them. They are both great and headed to even greater things this spring/summer (marriage and a mission).

I feel kind of weird now for posting this now, so sorry if it was weird or cheesy, I think I just needed to write it. And The pictures make me laugh.

4 comments:

The Katoa Family said...

That was sweet Alana! I am sure your brothers would appreciate it too :) Hope you have a great week.

The Gillette's said...

Aaaaaw...what a sweet post! I think your brothers are the lucky ones to have you as a sister. So glad to hear your family is doing well! :)

Scott said...

I grew up with lots of brothers too. They are great. I cannot imagine my life without all my brothers driving me crazy all the time.

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.